Learn about the scope and benefits of the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program.
The Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP) is a Medicaid program that offers services to individuals with chronic illness or physical disability. These individuals must also require medical assistance with their activities of daily living (ADL) or skilled care needs. In this program, the recipients are allowed to choose their caregivers.
To participate in this program, a recipient must be:
- eligible for medical care
- in need of long-term services from a certified home health agency, home health care program, home care program, personal care services, or a private duty nursing services
- Is living with a stable medical condition
- self-directing or, if they are non self-directing, must have a representative
- in need of assistance with their personal care, skilled care, or with their home health aide tasks
- able to accomplish the responsibilities of a consumer or they must have a representative who is able to meet such responsibilities
- able to participate, or they have a representative who can take part during the assessment and reassessment processes.
If you have further inquiries, please contact us at 516-405-5910.